Monday, August 4, 2008

Practice with Pads

So today was the big day, practice with pads. We exchanged all Jacob's stuff on Sunday and now have him in things that fit. Eddie had the day off so we went to Ken's Sporting Goods to get Jacob the stuff he needed for football (yes that's a shameless plug, they are a great shop that's not a big chain....highly recommend them) We got Jacob a girdle with 5 pads in it, a new chin strap, the soft cup, and a new mouth piece. We got him all suited up tonight. Eddie had to take Jacob as I had AD certification (more on that in a minute) Practice went well but I guess he was in a couple times crying (there went the no crying) because his helmet was too tight. Eddie finally got it all adjusted for him and he was good to go. Eddie said Jacob was practicing on the line. He is still learning. For instance when he was on the line I guess he had his head down. They had to tell him to look up. Luckily he got it right away. And he's having trouble with remembering to put his mouth piece in. Eddie said he did really good tonight and things should get better each day, especially with that helmet.

Ad Certification: Yep I got roped into being the Athletic Director for Jacob's team. It's actually very interesting and alot of fun. There is a lot of tedious work right now but luckily I have my "sister" or mirror mom with me. If it weren't for Tamerisa I probably wouldn't be doing this. (She's my mirror Mom because we are about the same age, her daughter and Kayley are the same age, her son and Jacob are the same age, and her other son and Grant are the same age. We joke that I screwed everything up because she had another baby and I got dogs. ) The athletic director is in charge of the entire team, the paperwork, the check in, you name it, I do it. The only thing i'm not doing is coaching the team. (thank goodness!) I had to get certified tonight and take a training class. I did learn alot so hopefully I won't screw too much up. HA!

So that's it for today. Tomorrow I'll post pictures and info about the 1st day of school!!

No comments: